February Stitching

Even though it isn't the end of February yet, I think I have all of my finishes done for the month - if there turns out to be another one, it will be a surprise to all of us! 

I worked on several different projects this month, including a full week on my large lighthouse. This is now just over half done and I am looking forward to making progress on the bottom half next time the mood strikes. 

Charting a Course

In addition to the big one, I finished up several small projects - the first was started in January and finished just after the start of February - this pattern is Love and is a free pattern from The Scarlett House Facebook page. I changed all the colors and stitched it on my hand-dyed fabric (Jobelan 28 ct.) - I am so happy with the pink and the teal! I didn't get it fully finished this month, so the goal will be to finish it before next Valentine's Day. 
Love by The Scarlett House

The second project I worked on this month was my ornament for February. I selected this simple Santa pattern from a little kit called Doodles - it just has the pattern and colors - but not specific numbers - so it just say "red" - I picked colors from my DMC stash and stitched this on a piece of scrap 28 ct. Quaker Cloth Rue Green (which really looks more dusty blue than green). I plan to finish this one in a small hoop wrapped in fabric. 

Doodles Santa

The third project is a Lizzie Kate design that I really loved - I have a grand plan to make several inspirational stitches for graduation gifts - I figure I better keep up over the next few years so I don't have to stitch like crazy in my kids' senior years (which I know will come way to quickly). I used a combination of called for colors and substitutions - and a mix of DMC and Weeks Dye Works. The biggest change I made is that I changed some of the words to WDW Navy instead of the called for WDW Cocoa.- it doesn't pop as much in the picture, but I love the change in real life.  I also stitched this on 28 ct. fabric - it is hard to see the color in the picture, but it is a nice light green called Spring Meadow Green - I think it was an evenweave. 

Lizzie Kate - She Believed She Could

The last project I have to share is an FFO - I stitched this ornament in 2017 and never quite knew how I wanted to finish it - I realized a few weeks ago that it didn't have to be a tree ornament, but could stay out over the winter with my other snowman/winter decorations, so I finished it in a decorative box from Hobby Lobby that is about 4" square. The box originally said Welcome Friends or Give Thanks and was in the fall selections. I really like the finish and it looks great on my mantle. 

Snow from Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament 2017

Hope you all enjoyed my February finishes - it has been a great month for stitching and I am glad to have so many quick projects to work on these days. Hope you are all thawing out from crazy and cold weather over the past few weeks - I am glad that our heater is no longer running 24/7 and that we can step out for a walk without freezing fingers and toes. Extra thoughts to those in Texas who were impacted by the power and water failures there. 

Comments

Fabulous finishes, Jennifer! I love the fully finished snow piece. It makes me smile. I love the addition of the navy words on the LK piece. You have made awesome progress on your lighthouse piece! Have a good week!
Laura said…
Congratulations on all of your finishes! I love the colors in the lighthouse.
Moneik said…
Beautiful finishes! You've been busy stitching. Great job.
Kate said…
That really is a lot of stitching for one month. The lighthouse is complicated enough. Your Love project is so cute, the teal and pinks really shine. Congrats on all the progress this month. Hopefully you'll get in a bit of stitching here and there this week. Hard to believe the end of February is almost here!
Carol said…
You've had a wonderful month of stitching, Jennifer! Your Charting a Course is so lovely--amazing how many little x's go into that one! I probably wouldn't be able to put it down! And all of your little ornaments are so cute--I especially love the small smile on Doodles Santa and your color changes on the LK piece.

And your SNOW piece is perfect in the box from Hobby Lobby. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby nearby... it is about 45 minutes and through traffic and I just can't get myself to go that far. Sometimes if my husband is going to the bike shop nearby, I can hitch a ride with him, but I don't think I've been in a few years! Not that I've done any shopping in the past year :)

Enjoy your last bit of February--it seems another year is zooming by!