Plans and Goals for 2020

In some years, I have lots of inspiration for my goals leading up to the new year, and I am ready to go on Jan 1.  This year, I am still waiting for inspiration to strike! But I also know that I head back to work tomorrow and then find a lot less time for blogging, so I think I will take a few minutes to record my goals for the year that I've formulated by now. There may be more to come, but I think this is a good start. 

I know that 2020 will bring more work travel - hopefully not as condensed as last year, and likely to a lot fewer places. Having learned that I work best with crochet and embroidery projects for travel, my first goal will be to prep a project that can travel with me through the year. I have a few larger embroidery projects and a few smaller ones, so lots to choose from. 

Next up is quilting - I have similar goals in that space as I've had for the last few years - continue to quilt on my HQ, reduce the number of UFOs, and keep stash additions to a minimum. I also have a memory quilt to make so want to get that in this year. I haven't even opened the bag with the clothes, so not quite sure what I'll be working with yet. 

On the cross-stitch front, I decided yesterday to join a year-long Stitch-a-Long at stitchingly.com. I had seen it come across my facebook feed a few times, and was looking for another monthly project, so this will fit the bill. I picked a piece of fabric from my stash and had most of the DMC threads on hand too, so it is almost a free project after I purchased the pattern (which will come in 12 monthly segments). I also want to continue to make progress on fully finishing my stitched pieces. I got a good start already, getting one made into a pillow on Jan 1! Hopefully I will have more to show on this front through the year. 

Across all my crafts, I want to continue to try to find 15 minutes a day with one or the other. In 2019, I wound up with 2/3 of the year meeting this goal. For 2020, I want to increase that slightly to 70%. 

Personally, I will continue to work on my physical health through more consistent exercise. I've started using the Map my Ride app to track when I ride, walk, or work out at the gym, and it is a good way to keep myself a little more accountable. I would like to make sure I find at least 90 minutes to exercise 2/3 of the year. 

In addition to the goals at home, I will continue to be busy with Girl Scouts, leading a troop of high-schoolers, and leading the council Alum Network, which we are working to build. I will also have lots of kid's activities to attend and look forward to seeing both kids in the pursuits they enjoy. My husband and I also have a big anniversary in November, so we will be planning a fun trip to celebrate. 

All in all, I am looking forward to a good year and hope that you have a year that allows you to enjoy your hobbies and make progress on your own goals. 


Comments

Kate said…
Sounds like you've done a good job at working your goals around your work opportunities for the year. Good luck with all the new projects and with the WIP/UFO list. Thanks for playing along with the 15 minutes to stitch, I hope it helps you move more projects along the road to finished.
It is good to have goals or some sort of plan on what you want to accomplish. Which SAL are you doing on the cross stitch front? Hope you have a fabulous 2020!

Thank you for making the font size bigger on this post and the book post! So much easier to read!
Carol said…
You are so good about making (and sticking to!) your goals, Jennifer! Perhaps if I did that I would actually not waste so much times. I really was far more productive when I worked :) Looking forward to seeing all of your creations in 2020!