April 2019

Holy cow, what happened to April?  Boy, it really flew by...and I am not quite sure what I did with my time. Oh yeah, it was a really busy month for all the activities outside of the house!  

This guy ran in his first few track meets (800 meter) and shaved a few seconds off his time each run....

And then he got braces (oh my gosh, he looks so much older in one day!!!)...

And this girl turned 14! 

And my brother, two of his boys, and my cousins and their family visited for Easter...

In the midst of all that, I kept on stitching, making progress on two WIPs and finishing up the April Lizzie Kate Flip-It.  I really like to get these quick projects in and then go back to the WIPs. 

In the sewing room, I didn't do much - the big accomplishment is that I hemmed a pair of pants that had been lying around for about 2 months! I made some progress on the t-shirt quilt I am making, and rearranged the blocks for my scrap quilt, then got them all packed up and ready to go to retreat so that I can work on them there. I think I like this rainbow layout better than the random one I shared last month.

I also loaded one of my UFOs on the frame for quilting - I had high hopes of finishing it last weekend, but then I got deep into a really good book and couldn't put it down! Maybe I'll get that quilt done this month...I do enjoy taking a quilted top to retreat so I can put on the binding and show it off as finished!

The stash report looks good because I used up fabric for the quilt back: 
Fabric added this month: 0 yards
Fabric used this month: 2 1/4 yards

Fabric added year to date: 3 1/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 9 3/8 yards

Net fabric used: 6 1/8 yards

I crafted (all quilting and stitching this month) 19/30 days for 63%, which is pretty consistent compared to the first three months of the year. 

Hope you had a nice April and are enjoying May so far! Happy quilting and stitching.  

Comments

Congratulations to your son on shaving seconds off his time in the 800m! Happy belated birthday wishes to your daughter! I like the rainbow layout for your stars quilt. The April flipit is adorable. What book grabbed you in? Have a good week!
Carol said…
I know just what you mean, Jennifer--where on earth did April go?? And May is flying by, too! Your kids are getting so grown up and going through all those special moments that mine did two decades ago... The braces are a pain, but well-worth it in the long-run.

Very cute LK piece and I do love your latest layout for the pretty quilt. Hope your new job is going well--happy May!
Kate said…
The kids grow up way too fast. Bet they are both ready for school to be out. I love your rainbow stars. Hope you can get lots done on retreat.