November 2018 Recap

Here we are almost to Christmas and I am catching up again! I ordered a new laptop earlier this week because the current one is old and slow and I procrastinate writing up posts because they take a lot longer than I think they should - let's hope the new computer helps in the new year! 

November was a very busy month for me. I traveled to New York City, Baltimore, and Evansville, IN - three weekends in a row! The trips were all good, but between them and a very busy month at work, I didn't get much sewing or stitching done...well except for the weekend in Baltimore. 

First up, New York - went for a conference - in and out in 3 days, but I got in a few good meals and a Broadway show - Head Over Heels - based on the Go-Go's music.  The show was great fun and the conference was the best I've been to in over 15 years. Lots of good strategic and practical learning. 

The next weekend, I went to Baltimore to meet my friend Beth who moved to Orlando a couple years ago. We really enjoy the chance to have a girl's weekend together! 
We got to help take down the flag at Fort McHenry
We did some sightseeing, ate some incredible meals, enjoyed Orange Crushes, the local drink of choice, and spent a good amount of time stitching. It is great to be able to sit and stitch for hours with no other obligations! 
Always good to spend time together!
During that trip, I had my one finish of the month, a Mill Hill ornament kit that will be finished this month (fingers crossed!) and on its way to a new home. 
All stitched and beaded - ready to become an ornament

Thanksgiving Dinner with my Mom and Dad
Then, for Thanksgiving, we had a nice dinner at my parents house and then loaded the car to head to Evansville the next morning to celebrate my cousin's baby's first birthday. It was great to spend time with family and to celebrate this cute little girl.
Feeding the birthday girl - she is very serious when she eats!

While on the way there, I finished a crochet project that will be part of her Christmas present - I started this almost a year ago, got about 2/3 of the way done, then decided it was too top heavy and ripped it all out. On the second try, I only made a curlicue every other row and it worked out much better! This hat is the Delaney Hat from Danyel Pink Designs
Delaney Hat - finished on the road (I wasn't driving!)
I have to take a quick detour from my month to brag on my daughter. She decided in mid-October that she'd like to stitch up a chart she's had for a long time to give to Brenna for her birthday. She worked tirelesssly over three weeks (and was very happy to have a snow day) and got it finished with 3 or 4 days to spare! She laced and framed it herself using a YouTube video. I don't think she's stitched again since she finished it, but I am so proud of her for doing such a good job and getting it done in time! 
Jenna with her present to Brenna
On the quilting side, I only had 4 sewing days in the month! I think that's the lowest in a long time. I did get two quilts quilted (one had been started in October) - I'll show pictures of the second one after it is gifted for Christmas. I also did a little ornament finishing, but didn't get all the way done so will show that in my December wrap-up, as I need to get it done to get it gifted! 
One of the two quilted tops from November - this one was pieced by my mom and was a
present for my cousin's son who loves Monster Trucks. 

The stats are not impressive for the month, but I am okay with that given all the other things going on! 
Fabric added: 0 yards
Fabric used: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 35 1/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 38 3/4 yards
Net fabric used: 3 1/2 yards

Stitching days = 4, for 6 hours of sewing/quilting time
Weeks w/3 days = 0 

I am already doing better for December :) Back soon as I start to plan goals for 2019. 

Comments

Carol said…
Sounds like a busy, fun, AND productive month, Jennifer! I'm sure your time with Beth was very special. It always amazes me how old friends just pick up right where they left off when they do reconnect :) Your little camper will make a darling ornament and I'm in awe of your daughter's gift--not only stitched beautifully, but laced and framed, too! Wow! She obviously takes after her talented mom :)

Wishing you every happiness at Christmas with your lovely family!
Kate said…
Sounds like you were in high gear for November! Glad that December has been a bit slower. Have a very Merry Christmas!