12 Things in 2019

Good morning and hope you are enjoying the last day of 2018, or the first few days of 2019 depending on when you're reading this.  I am not going to do my 2018 wrap-up posts yet, as I am hoping to get some sewing in today and maybe get in another partial finish. 

Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times is hosting a monthly link-up that I am going to join this year.  It is "12 Things in 2019" and you pick 12 things that you want to get done in the year and (in theory) work on one per month. Some months you might get two done and other months, you might just make progress on (but not finish) one, but the goal is to do them all within the year.  They can be craft projects or other projects, so I have a bit of a mix.  Here are my 12 Things for 2019: 


  1. Print vacation pictures and frame in the multi-photo frames that are sitting on the floor of my bedroom. 
  2. Stitch the last month (that I have) for "Year in Chalk" and fully finish them to display. 
  3. Make a baby quilt for my Aunt to gift - the baby was born earlier this month, so this will be something to get going on sooner rather than later
  4. Make a t-shirt quilt for my work colleague - she brought me all the t-shirts a few weeks ago but they are still in the bag
  5. Finish stitching Snowbelles - two sections left to go! 
  6. Finish the 2018 Scrap Challenge quilt - I need to make a few more blocks, then look forward to putting it all together
  7. Complete an embroidery project - I have a whole bin of projects, some with wool and some cotton, it's high time I pull one out to work on
  8. Quilt and bind Santorini Houses - I know how I want to quilt this (and have for at least two years), but I am chicken to mess it up - I just need to get going and do it!
  9. Start a new cross stitch "series" (after I finish Snowbelles) - I have three full series that I just need to get linen and threads for - Lizzie Kate A Year of Flip-Its, Country Cottage Needlework Snow Place Like Home, and Swarovski Reindeer
  10. Crochet something bigger than a hat - I've made several hats and one mini-cape. It's time to use some of my stash yarn and make something from my ravelry list
  11. Get new floors in the kitchen/entry/family room (by April) - this has been on the list since October and I need to make the time to do the research and shopping so I can get them installed before I host my bunco group in April
  12. Read 10 books - I love to read and have spent much of the last few years on long books so I don't get through many - I am going to focus on shorter (~300 page) books so that I can get through more - I have a long list at the library that I want to read
That should be enough to keep me busy - I will probably mix some of this up with a UFO list for 2019, as I still enjoy picking a monthly UFO to work on (even if I only get a few of them done). I will also have some overarching goals. Between all of them, I should be able to make some progress! 

Linking up with Judy here. 

Comments

Hmmmm, let's see, thanks to your list, my list is now longer by Snow Place Like Home, Crystal Reindeer, Year in Chalk (along with lots of their other patterns), and I'm really digging Snowbells! LOL That's my big downfall of linking up make lists - mine ends up getting longer! ;) Good luck with your list and I'm sure the floors will look great. One thing I learned from ripping up old flooring and laying tile over 1,000+ sq ft when I was 21 with zero experience - don't point out the boo-boo's you see to others - they probably won't even notice them otherwise. :D (same goes for quilting, sewing, cross-stitch, and pretty much anything handmade)
Carol said…
Knowing you, you will check off most, if not all, of these 2019 goals, Jennifer! I never make goals, but maybe I should. I tend to stitch whatever calls my name :) Wishing you and your family every happiness in this New Year!
Kathy S. said…
That's definitely enough to keep you busy. I'll be following your progress. Happy 2019!
Kate said…
A varied list that should keep you busy in 2019. Good luck! Have a very happy New Year!