October 2018 Recap

Wow, October was a whirlwind and November is proving to be much the same!  I have shared much of what I did in October already on my report from my fall retreat, but thought I would do a quick recap post that includes my stash report, stitching finishes, and quilting time. 

Before I went to retreat, I quilted a top for a friend - as I shared last month, this is from a kit almost all of us bought the first year we went to a retreat in Shipshewana.  Karen asked for a large scale pattern, so I did chrysanthemums across the whole quilt. It went pretty quickly given the scale of the flowers, and she loved it. Click over to her blog to see the finished quilt and a couple closeups of the quilting. 

I also got my blue scrap blocks from September finished.  I have the dark greens pulled now and hope to get those done before the end of November! 


In addition to these finishes, I also loaded another quilt and got it started, then got mad at myself and let it linger on the frame...more to come on that quilt in November. 

Overall, I had 20 hours of quilting over 10 days in October, with 2 of 4 weeks where I quilted at least 3 days. Retreat contributed most of those hours! 

On the stash report front, I was doing pretty well at retreat, then managed to get to our local quilt shop that closed at the end of October two weekends in a row. With all fabric $7.99/yard, I took advantage of the prices to stock up on some blenders and pick up some fabrics for an upcoming quilt. I did purchase some cuddle fabric at retreat for a quilt back. Hopefully it won't take me too long to use some of this! This is making the year-to-date fabric usage a lot closer to even!
Purchases from the first trip to QP

Fabric added this month: 11 3/4 yards
Fabric used this month: 2 3/4 yards

Fabric added year-to-date: 35 1/4 yards
Fabric used year-to-date: 38 3/4 yards
Net fabric used: 3 1/2 yards

On the cross-stitch front, I went back and forth between several projects this month, so I only have one finish to show. This is a kit that I bought in the last few years (before the Lizzie Kate announcement that she was retiring), and started during Stitch Maynia this year. It is a real cutie - I have put it in my finished stitching pile...I really need to get going on that pile to have some more decorations to actually put out next year! 
A Little Boo by Lizzie Kate 
Hope you enjoyed the recap and wish you a warm and happy weekend. I am headed east this afternoon to connect with my good friend Beth. We are going to enjoy a long weekend of stitching, sightseeing, and reconnecting. Can't wait! 

Comments

Kate said…
For all the craziness you got a lot done! That stitchery is very cute. Hope you can manage as much for November (The month is already half over! How does that happen so fast?)
Carol said…
Your little LK Halloween finish is so adorable, Jennifer! It looks like it stitched up quite quickly, too. Love the tiny star hanging from the cat's tail :)

Your quilted top for Karen is lovely as are the blue scrap blocks you finished. It always amazes me how much you achieve each month even with raising a family and working full time!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
Laura said…
I loved seeing your projects! Everytime you post your scrap blocks, I remember I want to make some of them too. They are so cute!
Rachel said…
Your quilting is beautiful! I love A Little Boo, such a sweet finish.:)