May 2018 Accomplishments, Stash Report and Stitching Time

Here we are almost into July and I haven't yet recorded my month of May stats. As I shared in my last few posts, most of May was dedicated to StitchMaynia or Prep and Sewing at my spring quilt retreat. I did have a good amount of sewing time in May between the retreat prep and the retreat. I had 41 1/2 hours of sewing time!! That's a high for recent years. 

In addition to the projects I finished at retreat, I also: 
- Made a binding for one of my UFOs and sewed it to one side of the quilt
Rainbow binding for a bright quilt.
- Taught my son how to sew Boy Scout patches onto his uniform
- Quilted a beautiful batik quilt for my friend Kathy (pattern is Crossroads by Blue Underground Studios)
Quilt back - hand guided quilting - meandering paisley
Such a bright and cheery quilt top! 
- Made 8 clutch wallets as thank you gifts for the ladies who volunteered on the Girl Scout Service Team with me this year. (With special thanks to my mom and her super cool embroidery machine that makes almost this whole thing in the hoop!)

The stash report worked out okay in the end! I added some fabric for my Tag Along bag, and my Square Dance quilt, and then I also bought some to add to the stash from various sale rooms. 

The strange green fabric in the bottom right is for a challenge - each member of our bee got a yard and we have a year to make something with it...let me know if you have any ideas!! 

Here's the impact on the stash report (thank goodness I was cutting and sewing lots at retreat to keep it even!): 
Fabric added this month: 10 5/8 yards
Fabric used this month: 11 3/4 yards

Fabric added year to date: 20 yards
Fabric used year to date: 27 3/4 yards

Net fabric used: 7 3/4 yards (phew, still in the black for this year so far!)

For stitching time, I did okay. The weeks before and after retreat only had 2 sewing days, but every other week had at least 3, so I met my goal 3/5 weeks. I sewed 14 days in the month. 

I think that's all for now. Hope you had a good May and worked on a few things you enjoy! 

I am linking up with Donna at QuiltPaintCreate for Sunday Stash and Kate at Life In Pieces for 15-minutes a day

Comments

Miaismine said…
Hello There! Wow! That quilting is amazingly beautiful! As you may tell from my blog, I love slow stitching. Coupled with the right fabric, that green would make a great yo-yo wall hanging! Congratulations on still being in the black!
Kate said…
You had a pretty good month of May. The Crossroads quilt is gorgeous, very colorful. Those little clutch wallets are really cute too. Hope June turns out to be a good month for you too. Hard to believe we are almost half way through the year.
Carol said…
The best part of this post? The fact that you taught your son to sew on his own patches!! Why didn't I think of that? My oldest was an Eagle Scout and I had very sore fingers from all of those merit badge sewing sessions. Enjoy this last week of June, Jennifer :)
Susan said…
Great month! I like your freehand paisley quilting, so pretty on the backing. That piece of fabric says fall to me, so check out the It's a Wild Life BOM blocks - there's a free one up until the end of June and a new one coming in July! Actually, that fabric might make an interesting tree-trunk for the June one and could then become a wall hanging. Owl Tree. Or check Fall into a QAL, new block there on the 29th!
Laura said…
I agree with Susan above. Your quilting looks so pretty on that backing! I have heard about making things 'in the hoop', but my machines are all old and don't do that. I should probably look at some You Tube videos, so I understand all things a new machine can do!