Triple Trip March

March 2018 sure has been busy for me! I have been out of state three times (so far!) and had some good trips. 

First up was a work trip to Boston. I was there for two nights for a meeting and all went well. It is nice to be back in the city where I've spent several short weeks over the last three years. I am handing off my responsibilities there to someone else, so this is my last Boston trip for a while. I didn't get any good pictures while there, but I did have some awesome cannoli! If you're in Boston, make sure you stop by Mike's Pastry - we tried three different kinds and they didn't disappoint! 

After that, I had a quick turn-around before I headed over to Threads of Time Quilt Shop and Retreat center with my mom to meet a couple friends for a quick long weekend retreat. We wound up in the Parlor, which is a room for a small group. At the start of the weekend, we didn't know if we'd like it, but it turned out great! I got everything that I took finished! I don't think that ever happens, so I was really happy. Here are the projects I worked on: 
Made the binding for UFO #8
Mini Spools by Thimbleberries with Lucy's Crab Shack fabric, quilted with Aurifil thread - all done!

Polar pals finished top
Finished borders for UFO #1
Topsy turvy Trees table runner
Back to work for a few days after the return from retreat, and then we packed up our ski stuff and headed north to Michigan to teach the kids to ski. We originally planned to head out west, but with the iffy snow there this year and good snow in the Midwest, we opted for a driving trip and it turned out great. 
Checking out the mountain on the night we arrived.
The snow was just about perfect and temps were in the 30's each day. We skiied at Boyne Mountain and Nub's Nob and had great experiences at both (although I am a little partial to Nub's), and the kids took to skis like fish to water. The first run was tough, but they kept at it, took some lessons, and learned to fly down the mountain. Skiing is a sport I love and I was so glad to introduce my kids to it and even more glad that they love it as much (or maybe even more) as I do! 
Top of the hill! Me with the kids :) 
March still has another week in it and I am hoping to get a cross-stitch finish and some quilting in so that I have something new to share with you by the end of the month. See you back here in another week or so! 

Comments

Kate said…
Looks like a very fun trip. We visited Boyne two summers ago and did a kayaking trip out of one of the adventure companies there. It's a great area. Hope you get in some good stitching time this week.
You were very busy during this retreat, congratulations on all your quilt work!
Carol said…
Sounds like such a fun and productive month for you, Jennifer! I LOVE Boston and Mike's Pastry cannoli :) My sister lives in the city and it is such a great place to walk and soak up the history. Sorry you won't be going there for work any longer, but I hope you still get to visit.

Lovely quilting--that little spool one is especially cute. And I enjoyed seeing your ski trip photos--your kids sure are getting big! I only skied when I was young--and wasn't a fan of the cold so that ended early on :) How nice that they both enjoyed it--it is a great family hobby.

Wishing you a lovely Easter!
Lovely projects, the Mini Spools quilt is very sweet with those prints and colours. So glad you had a wonderful time on your ski trip, fabulous that your kids took to skis so well :)

-Soma
Laura said…
Sounds like 3 fun trips! We love Boston. That's where my son's GF is. The food there is great. You got a lot of sewing done. Always good to finish those projects, And it looks like you had fun skiing with your family too. What a great month for traveling!