Two week's progress

It really is amazing how much you get done when you spend a little time sewing more often! I finished up a purse project, a couple blocks, and a cross-stitch ornament this week, and I am energized to do some more. 

First up, a new purse! I love making purses and I love how this one turned out. It is the Claire Purse from Lazy Girl Designs. I bought the fat quarters in one of the shops we visit when we go to Shipshewana in the fall with the intent to turn them into a purse. This weekend, I need to turn over from my existing purse to this one. I am excited to use it! 
Second a stitching finish - this one will be made into an ornament. You can see how its meant to be finished on the picture and I'll show you the personalization once it's finished and gifted. I enjoyed this quick stitch to start the year! 
Last up for today are my first two scrap blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge - I made the strips as leader and enders while I was working on the purse, and then put the blocks together last night. I thought the blocks would go together easily, but not so much. You really have to pay attention to the direction of the strip sets when you add the corner triangles. I am hoping to get a better system for upcoming months to make it go a little faster! In looking at the pattern, I also realized that I need to cut some smaller squares for the sashing. Before I start making sashing, I think I will get a few months into the blocks to see how I like the sashing and where I want to place the colors (randomly or next to the blocks of the same color. 
This afternoon, I am settling in with a new cross-stitch project. I hope this will be a quick on and then I can get back to my Snowbelles and get another one done to keep that one moving. I also plan to spend a little time finishing up my third scrap block and find a backing for this month's UFO. Be back soon to show you my progress, or you can keep up in the meantime on Instagram where I am @jenquilter. 

Have a great weekend! 

Linking up with So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday

Comments

Kat Scribner said…
I was just going to say that. The star blocks are fabulous.
Scrapatches said…
I really like this block. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat
Julie in GA said…
Your scrappy blue stars are fabulous! That's a great pattern, but I can see how it would be easy to get pieces turned the wrong way.
scraphappy said…
Lovely star blocks. Lots of great blues.
Ellen said…
Pretty blue fabrics! Your bag looks great too!
I really like your BLUE Rail Stars!!
Kate said…
A very pretty purse! You did get a lot done this week. The RSC star blocks are pretty cool. Hope you get lots done this next week as well.
Anthea said…
Jennifer the star blocks are a fabulous idea, well done... and goes to show that even with a scrappy project, some planning does go into it!
Carol said…
Wow! If your 2018 keeps up at the pace of these first two weeks, you'll have a stellar, creative year, Jennifer :) Love the new purse and the blocks and that little LK finish will be perfect for a new baby... Hope your Snowbelles is seeing some attention--that is such a cute project :)
Dar said…
Love your new purse. You do such a good job and the colors are great. I'd love to make a purse like that, but it just isn't in the cards right now. The Rainbow blue blocks are too cool. Love the rail fence style you used with them. Great use of scraps.
Laura said…
You've been busy! I hope to join you in the rainbow scrap challenge later this year.
Cheryl said…
Great projects, I really like the purse!
Great purse! And blocks and stitching. Isn't it great to have a few finishes to pump you up to keep moving?