November and December Accomplishments and Gift Catch-up

As I shared in my stash report yesterday, I only had one day of sewing in November, but I did have one stitching finish. I started and finished this project over a couple of weeks - it was a quick, easy freebie that I picked up from a shop. I plan to finish it as a roll (we'll see when that happens). 

In December, I had a little more time in the sewing room (11 1/4 hours) as I had a couple gifts to get done. I made this quilt for my Admin Assistant, who retired at the end of the year. I worked on this quilt at both retreats this year and got it quilted and bound just in time to present to her at her retirement lunch. 
Yesterday, you saw the double-zip bag I made my cousin and the fabric I cut to make a new purse. I also did some cross-stitch finishing over the last two weeks - of these three projects, two were gifts (the second one that's a gift is below). The snowman is staying with me and will go out as I pick up the rest of the Christmas items so my house doesn't look so bare! 

On December 31st, I decided I wanted to get a few more things done.  I pulled a project that's been lingering on my cutting table since just before our vacation. It's a hat for me (I made one for my daughter) and it just didn't work right when I sewed it together. It only took me 30 minutes  to figure it out and get it done. Not quite right for this time of year, but I'll be able to wear it in the summer. 
The second finish was cross-stitch - this little ornament from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue from last year. I decided to do it in purples instead of teals because I found the purple fabric in a remnant bin. It is a 30 count plum and it was a real pain in the rear to work on. No matter how I held it, it was hard to see the holes. I wound up miscounting and frogging a lot, but got it done around 10:30 last night! 
My other cross stitch finish for December was one section of the Lizzie Kate Snowbelles pattern. I am stitching all 6 leaflets together in one piece, so stitching them a bit at a time (it's a lot of white!). I was happy to get the Ice Queen done, and I will get back to it soon to work on the next section. 
Wait, I almost forgot - I had a third cross-stitch finish - this is the 2008 Collector's heart from Heart in Hand - I changed the year to reflect when I stitched it. 
I also have a little catching up to do on secret/gift projects over the past few months, as the gifts have all been given now. 

First, I altered the Mill Hill Scottish Santa to make him look like Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series, and he was a birthday present for my stitching and Outlander buddy Beth. I like how he turned out with his red hair :) 
Second, the baby quilt for my cousin, which was gifted at her shower in October. I worked on this in September and now it is in use for her new baby girl. I've been lucky enough to see her twice since she was born in early November, and she's a cutie! 
Third, Happily Ever After, a wedding cube for the same cousin, who was married earlier in the year. This is a Heart in Hand design and stitched on 30 ct. Parchment. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I gave it to them for Christmas. 
That's all to wrap up the monthly reports - be back soon with a year in review and plans for 2018! 

Comments

Beth said…
I love my Jamie ornament! I think he might stay out all year.... :)

Such great work this year! I need some tutorials on the great cube finish you've perfected!
Carol said…
So many pretty finishes--I know your cousin will treasure your Happily Ever After cube :)