April 2017 Stash Report

The focus for the stash in April was getting things pre-cut for my retreat which is coming up in a few weeks. 

I did have a few additions to stash, thanks to the re-opening of Quilts Plus. This is a local quilt shop that has been in business for many years, but just had a change of owners. The new owner has opened up the store, painted it bright colors, and brought in a lot of more modern fabric. It really looks great, and I think I've been there three times since it opened. I guess I am doing my part to support a small business! 

On the first visit, I picked up the Thimble Blossoms mini spool pattern, which I have long admired. I also got some white on white to use for the background. The tulip purse pattern was a gift from a friend. 


On trip #2, I didn't buy anything (my mom did), but on trip #3, I went in with a goal to find the dark grey fabric for the Quick Curve Ruler pattern Mini Pumpkins, which I got for Christmas. I found the perfect fabric, paired it with some oranges and light grays from my stash, and it's all ready for retreat. 

The next project I cut out for retreat was also a Christmas gift. I dusted off my Scan-n-Cut to cut out the applique pieces and then when I had them done, decided to go ahead and do the small bit of piecing and fusing. When I get to retreat, I will have buttonhole stitching to do and some hand stitching to add buttons. Hopefully, this will be fully finished by the end of retreat. 

The last project I prepped in April is the Frivols tin I picked up when the previous owner of Quilts Plus was having her clearance sale. I found a white on white in my stash for this one and it is all ready to be put together. 
All the cutting made it a good month for the stash report: 

Fabric added this month: 2 3/8 yards
Fabric used this month: 5 3/4 yards

Fabric added year to date: 6 1/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 14 1/4 yards

Net fabric used: 8 1/8 yards

Hope you had a great month with your stash! 

Comments

Kate said…
Wow, you've gotten a lot done! You should have a really, really productive retreat.
Unknown said…
You are soooooo good. Your projects always turn out so beautiful. Enjoy the retreat and I'm sure you will get all your projects done. I'll miss seeing you this fall.
Dar said…
You are so smart to get your cutting and prepping done before retreat. I know you will get them all finished during retreat. Have fun.
Carol said…
How nice to have a newly modernized quilt shop close by, Jennifer! Oh, if I could have a local needlework shop, I would be in heaven. The nearest is almost an hour away and seems to have very dated offerings...

Love that cardinal--not sure what a Scan-n-Cut is (maybe you could do a post on all of your quilting machines/accessories for us non-quilters some day ;-)

Happy Mother's Day to you--hope your sweet daughter bakes you something scrumptious!
Laura said…
I work at a small quilt shop, and it makes me happy to see there are quilters out there who are still supporting these businesses. It will be a sad day when we all buy our fabric online!

Please report on your Quick Curve Ruler project. I have done a little experimenting with mine and am about to start a new project with it as soon as I find background fabric I like.