First Quarter UFO Update

Another blogger who I read routinely updated her blog today with her UFO progress year to date, and I thought that sounded like a good idea.  At the start of the year, I put together my list and decided to follow both APQ and Judy Laquidara's UFO challenges - they both run the same way in that they pick a number from the list and your work on that UFO during the month. 

In January, the two numbers picked were #3 and #6 and I had grand plans at the start of the month to get them both done. By the end of the month, I'd only worked on #3, the Christmas Card holder, and I finished it in about an hour! Anyone have a good idea why we let things become UFOs that only have an hour of work left on them? 
#3 Card holder - finished

#9 Chinese Coins Quilted and Bound
In February, the two numbers picked were 8 and 9. When my friend was here quilting a top, I pulled out both of them and made a back for 9, and prepped 8. By the end of the month, #9 was quilted and bound, and I just need to tie off the thread breaks and sew down the hanging sleeve, which should take less than an hour :) I think I will put it by my couch to do while I am watching TV this week. I will work on the towel when I do my little bit of embroidery between finishing cross-stitch projects. It's in the bag and ready for me to work on it. 

#8 Pumpkin Spice towel ready to embroider
For March, APQ pulled #12 and Judy pulled #5, which was a carryover from last year's list. I decided that I wanted to get #5 done to make sure it didn't carry over another year, so I pulled it out, made a back, and got it quilted. I don't have any yardage remaining from the fabric, but I think I do have some jelly roll strips left, so I will have to look at scrappy binding or see if I have a moda marble that will work with it. So, there's a little left to do on this one, but I will get it done so that this one is ready to gift this Christmas. It will go to a friend who has no idea she's getting it, but someone who I know will appreciate the quilt, and especially that the fabric is Mary Englebreit. 
#5 Quilted but not yet bound
For April, Judy has picked #1 and APQ picked #11 - I am excited to work on #1, which are two seasonal pillows that I bought years ago. I'll be back with an update on what I get done in my monthly recap at the beginning of May and I will try to also do a 2nd quarter recap this summer. 

Here's the picture of all the UFOs with my progress to date marked. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on your project finishes! I have found that joining an online ufo challenge has been motivating for me...I may not get my project finished, but I am making progress, and that feels good. I find it inspiring to see what others are working on, and comforting to know that I am not the only one that needs a support group. :)
Unknown said…
You have been busy! Everything is done beautifully---like always.
loralei
Kate said…
Congrats on all the progress on your UFOs this year.