I started my month by finishing one of my earlier APQ UFO Resolution tops - #7. I made the top in June and had pulled binding fabric at the same time. It was sitting on my cutting table, so I decided to go ahead and finish the quilt off. I quilted it with a pantograph that is echoing hearts, perfect for a valentine's quilt. I kept at it and got the binding attached and sewn (all machine sewn) so I had this one done by the middle of the month.
The rest of the month found me doing more cross-stitch than quilting, as I could more easily stitch and watch the Olympics! Our family was glued to the tube for two weeks watching all the sports we could and enjoying every minute of it. During that time, I finsihed up my August ornament from Just Cross Stitch called "Dear Santa" and started on another pattern that I've had for ages. I should have it finished soon, as I am into the backstitching now.
I did find a little time to get going on my APQ UFO Challenge item for August, #6. For me, this is a kit, as I'd bought the fabric and the pattern about a year ago. I added it to my UFO list so that I would make it a priority to get it done this year. At the end of the month, I was about 50% complete, so it will probably be my "first a finish" for September.
I did have quite a good time adding fabric this month, as our LQS had their annual Ice Cream Social sale and it coincided with my birthday, so that meant I could get sale fabric for a great price, and then purchase anything else in the store with my birthday discount. I did have a good time and finished up 4 bolts...a few of them had less than 2 yards left, so it wasn't too much fabric, but it sure was fun!
|Sale fabric and birthday purchases|
Fabric added this month: 9 5/8 yards
Fabric used this month: 2 1/8 yards
Fabric added year to date: 13 1/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 51 7/8 yards
Net fabric used: 38 5/8 yards
Hope you are enjoying a restful and crafty Labor Day weekend!