March 2016 Stash Report

March was a really busy month for me - I went to Mexico for a work trip, then came home for a few days and went to Illinois for our bee quilting retreat, then came home for a week and went to Washington, DC with my family for our spring break vacation! It sure seems like the month flew by! It's a good thing that one of those trips was my retreat, because that contributed well to my stash report this month. I owe you a full update on the retreat, which I promise to write soon, and I will share pictures of all my projects when I write up that report. Let's just say for now that it was a very successful retreat with lots of fabric used! I also made a quilt back between trips, so that adds to my usage as well. 

I did my first shopping of the year while on retreat, and promptly used most of the fabric in one of the projects I was working on, then did a little more shopping while on our vacation. I visited Capital Quilts, a nice shop near my brother's family. I picked up two new bag patterns (big surprise!), the hardware kit for one of the bags, fabric to make that bag, and a charm pack of some new fabric that I just loved. 
Here's the result of all that activity on the stash report: 

Fabric added this month: 3 5/8 yards
Fabric used this month: 13 5/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 3 5/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 22 yards

Net fabric used: 18 3/8 yards

Not a bad stash report for the first quarter - I will be pleased with my end numbers if my usage continues to be the same throughout the year ending around 75 yards used. We shall see :) 

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did really well, even with the shopping trip. Getting the hardware when you got the pattern was a good idea, especially since the shop wasn't local.
Dar said…
Good numbers for fabric usage this month. I will be watching to see the new bags when you get time for them. I have bought many bag patterns over the years, and I'm embarrassed to say, have not made any of them. Now I'm still tempted when I see a neat pattern, but have to remind myself of all those sitting unopened in my sewing room now. Lol
Moneik said…
Great job on your stash usage. I was doing pretty well and then I got a good deal on backing and kind of went overboard.