You already know the saga of my January, so I won't rehash it (again), but the good news is the in the midst of much of the illness, I did find some time to do a little sewing and I had lots of couch time to stitch.
Let's start with the quilting accomplishments. I started off the year with a bang on January 1st, deciding to combine my #firstafinish plan and my APQ Resolution. I pulled out Warm Winter Wishes and got the top finished, back made, and quilt loaded on the same day! It felt really good to get all that done to start of the month and year. You can see the finished top here. Over the course of the month, I worked on quilting it, and I am happy to say that I finished the quilting on January 31st! I plan to attach the binding this weekend and have it ready to work on at bee Monday. I will be really glad to pull this one out next December when I decorate for the holidays.
Here are all my quilting accomplishments from January:
- Finished, pieced back, loaded, and quilted Warm Winter Wishes
- Finished Scrappy Trips top. Thought a lot about the one block turned the wrong way, ripped it out and put it back together the right way!
- No picture of this one until it is done...but started a t-shirt quilt. I got all the shirts cut out, fused, and laid them out on the design wall and started figuring out how to piece them together.
- Made red string blocks (catch up from November!)
- Assembled Midnight mystery quilt top (and love it!)
On the stitching front, I finished three projects:
- Better not Pout by Shepherd's Bush, a kit my mom gave me several years ago!
- Let It Snow, January Ornament from 2015 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments magazine
- Coloration from Something in Common, a kit I purchased between 7 and 10 years ago. I love how it turned out and look forward to displaying it next fall, and the best part is that I have plenty of thread left to make another one, so there may be one that shows up as a gift at some point in the future.
On the personal goals, I made a little progress too - I went swimming once and got in more laps than I thought I could. Overall swim time was about 15 minutes, but I felt great afterwards. I didn't make any progress on the house work/improvements, so I hope to have something concrete to report back for February.
All in all, I say it was a good January. Hope yours was too!