Quilt #10 2015 - Barbara's Floral Orange Peel

My friend Barbara asked me to quilt this top for her back in the spring...I think she gave it to me in May or June.  It sat and sat mostly because I didn't know how I wanted to quilt it.  I finally decided to load it on the frame over Thanksgiving weekend and finish it up for her! 
She asked for a custom quilting job that would highlight the orange peels and said that I could easily come in and out of them, because she will be adding a button and yoyo to the top of each one! After debating a lot (both before it was loaded and after), I decided to do loops in the open areas around the orange peels and figure 8s in the orange peels. 
Once I got going, this one moved along pretty quickly. I used Warm and White batting and Aurifil thread, which quilted up just beautifully, and with zero thread breaks across the whole quilt! 


Comments

DeAnna said…
Happy New Year! Nice job on the quilting. Your friend pieced up a really nice top.
kwiltnkats said…
Jennifer, like your quilting design choices. The custom designs can be challenging to decide upon. I'm sure it will delight Barbara. Kerry ponders over mine until the right ones develop. She has a few of mine still percolating. Happy New a Year. Sandi