My friend Barbara asked me to quilt this top for her back in the spring...I think she gave it to me in May or June. It sat and sat mostly because I didn't know how I wanted to quilt it. I finally decided to load it on the frame over Thanksgiving weekend and finish it up for her!
She asked for a custom quilting job that would highlight the orange peels and said that I could easily come in and out of them, because she will be adding a button and yoyo to the top of each one! After debating a lot (both before it was loaded and after), I decided to do loops in the open areas around the orange peels and figure 8s in the orange peels.
Once I got going, this one moved along pretty quickly. I used Warm and White batting and Aurifil thread, which quilted up just beautifully, and with zero thread breaks across the whole quilt!