Stash Report - November 2015

I have plenty to keep me busy over the next few days that is already counted in my stash report, so it is a good time to record the activities of the past month. 

I started the month by continuing to work on projects I started at retreat, so no stash to report for them.  Then, my husband and I went away for an anniversary trip to Hawaii. I took along some stitching and crochet, so didn't use any stash there, but I did add some. We found one quilt shop on our travels, Quilt Passions in Kona. It had great kits and lovely batiks, so I picked up a couple new kits. 
Once we returned home, I did a little inventory of all my projects in progress and decided it was time to finish up a few things, and I am glad to say that I have remained focused on that goal over the last few weeks, especially over this long holiday weekend. 
Lots of works in progress
My stash usage is thanks to a back and binding for this kit that started as one of the row by row kits from Quilt Quarters, the closest shop to my home. The city of Indianapolis really celebrates "the month of May," which culminates in a great parade and the Indy 500. This row will make a great table runner during May each year. 

I made a few other things here and there and managed to use a little more stash, so I am ending the month just a little bit in the hole, but I am okay with that given the progress I have been making and the net result for the year so far. I don't plan to binge on fabric during December, so I should end the year well. 

Fabric added this month: 5 yards
Fabric used this month: 4 3/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 20 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 141 3/8 yards

Net fabric used: 120 1/2 yards

Comments

DeeDee said…
Numbers going up and down is just normal in the life of a quilter. Glad you found a quilt shop in Hawaii so you could make a quilt to remind you of your anniversary.
kwiltnkats said…
Love that table runner. Is the center portion a panel? I have a coworker who travels to the Indy Race every year. In the 27 years I've known him he hasn't missed one. How exciting, vacationing in Hawaii. Like the two kits you brought home, especially the flower. Keep working on the finishes so they don't become UFOs... Sandi
Marti said…
You've lowered your stash by an incredible amount. You are my inspiration! I love the race car piece. Very cool.