Quilt #8 2015 - Sarah's Comfort Quilt

I was excited to get this quilt on the frame, as it is a gift for one of the women who was in my Girl Scout troop and was one of my best friends growing up. She has lost both of her parents already - her dad passed away earlier this year - and my mom and I thought it would be a good a good idea to send her a fabric hug. My mom did the piecing on this one with batiks left over from a guild quilt a few years ago. She then passed it off to me to make the back and quilt it, then she finished it off with the binding. 
I decided that swirls would look nice on this one - building off the design, but adding some curves to the straight lines. I used a light purple Superior Brytes on the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. They worked okay together, but I still had a few issues with the Brytes shredding. It seems to be a pretty finicky thread on my machine. 
My mom mailed off the quilt a few weeks ago, so we hope that it will be well loved and well used. 

Comments