Quilt #5 - 2015 Purdue Pride

I have been way behind in blogging my quilting this year -- actually, not too far behind, because I haven't quilted that many. I downloaded all my pictures from my phone to my computer yesterday, which makes it way easier to attach them when I blog, so I am going to try to catch up this week. 

Way back in May, Jenna asked me to make a quilt for her teacher.  She had a special connection with Mrs. Greci and also had her twice - once for 2nd grade and once for 4th. We agreed on a pattern and fabric from my stash, deciding to use Purdue colors, since Mrs. Greci went to school there. Luckily, I had a sweet treat that fit the bill perfectly. I was so glad to use of one these pretty packets of fat quarters! 
I added one fat quarter and some yardage for sashing to finish at a nice size lap quilt. The pattern is Radio Way by Jaybird Quilts and it was quick and easy to put together. Jenna helped me with pressing, design wall layout, and snipping blocks apart while I was chain piecing.  
When I loaded the quilt, I decided to do tospy-turvy hearts following the horizontal lines on the quilt. This design takes a while to do and it gets a little boring, but I really love the way it looks when it's finished. I had a great thread combo on this quilt - Robison Anton gold with Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin. I used Warm and Natural for the batting. 
The quilt was wrapped up and delivered with a nice thank you note on the final day of school. Rumor has it that Mrs. Greci loved the quilt. 

Comments