Recent Activity

The month of September has been pretty quiet in my sewing room. Between a trip during Labor Day weekend to our favorite lake in Michigan, the closing of registration for the quilt show (I am the registrar), a work trip to Boston, and a camping trip with my Junior Girl Scout troop, I haven't had much time or energy for much crafting of any type! I am moving forward with some crochet and stitching so I will update those soon, but I thought I'd share a few recent pics from my sewing room. 

In August, I made a quick little baby doll blanket for my great-niece. It went in the same package as her brother's baby blanket so that she would have something to play with while little brother was cuddling in his new blanket. I even used the lettering on my machine to put her name on it...I could still use a little work centering. 
 A little later in August, I collected my birthday fat quarters from my bee mates. I asked them for greys this year, and I love what I received. Now I need to find a good pattern for them..surely there is something in my pattern stash that will work! 
Last up is the quilt that my whole bee is contributing to. This is a Scrappy Trip Around the World, a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter. This top will be finished in 8 more blocks and I will quilt it and send it to Diana's Golden Needle. This is a Girl Scout Gold Award project and, as a lifetime Girl Scout, I am happy to support it! 
I have been working on prep for the quilt show for my own quilts over the last week, as I need to have them ready to go next Sunday, and then my fall retreat follows right behind that, so I will be busy pre-cutting to prep for the long weekend! 

Comments

Carol said…
Gosh, Jennifer, it sounds like one busy month for you... I'm amazed that you had time to do anything crafty! Your little doll blanket is so sweet--reminds me of the paper dolls I had when growing up and what a great looking quilt!

Enjoy your fall retreat and Happy October to you :)