Some Stitching Finishes

Sometime in the last year, I received one of my stitching kits back from my mom.  It is a stitched picture of the Ponte Vecchio that I purchased while in Florence more than 10 years ago.  I gave it to her, but she decided she wouldn't ever stitch it, so gave it back to me. I started on it around the beginning of March and it took me 3 full months to finish it - I had some other projects going in between and almost stopped to put it away once, but I managed to stick with it and I am really happy with the finished product.  It was a stamped pattern on Aida, and it convinced me to 1) never buy a stamped pattern again, and 2) avoid Aida at all costs - at least in a kit like this. It was really stiff. I will probably try my hand at framing this one myself and it will go on a wall somewhere in the house. 

One of the other projects I was working on at the same time is the Alphabet Sampler from Stitch Supply Co.  I saw this on someone else's instagram feed and fell in love with it. I purchased all the materials (yikes, a new kit!) earlier this year and followed along with the stitch along that Ann hosted for the first few weeks. For some reason, this kind of got put away, so once I finished Firenze, I decided to pull this out and work on it until it was finished.  I am really happy with the finished result and very pleased with all the new stitches and techniques I learned. I have a few other embroidery pieces in the basement and now I am looking forward to pulling them out. 

I've got two projects going right now - both fall themed.  As soon as I finish one of them, I am going to start on a baby sampler for a little boy born recently. All of his older brothers and sisters have their own announcement, so he will get one too. I am going to have to stay disciplined, because I really want to start on it right away! Hopefully by writing it down on my blog, I will stay true to my plan! 


Comments

Dar said…
Your Firenze stitched picture is beautiful. I admire you for sticking to it. I'm not a fan of counted cross stitch and that is the only experience I've ever had with Aida cloth.
Carol said…
Both of these are gorgeous, Jennifer. I especially like the alphabet! I agree, Aida, is so stiff and I really avoid it unless it has a color I can't find in linen or evenweave.