2015 Goals

I declare 2015 The Year of the Kits!   I have decided that my primary goal for my quilting and cross-stitching in 2015 will be to focus on the kits I have. That doesn't mean that I won't also work on other projects, but I will make a concerted effort to start to make up/finish the many kits I have purchased, won, or been gifted. 

Here's a picture of my quilting kits: 

And my cross-stitch kits: 
Sorry - can't get this one to turn...but either way you look at it, there are a lot of kits! 
I should have no lack of things to do! 

To go along with the year of the kits, I also have a few other crafting and personal goals. 

Crafting goals: 
1. Experiment with some single color piecing (many fabrics, one color) - I have lots and lots of scraps and I think this will be a good way to use some of them and also try my hand at string piecing.  I am not sure what I will do with the finished blocks, but I am not going to worry about that now!  My tentative plan is to pick a color each month, and experiment with that color. 
2. Start to clear out some of the stash - after four years with Lois' stash plus my own, I have started to come to the realization that there are some pieces I really won't ever use, so I plan to do a little cleaning out this year - some may go to charity and some may be sold.
3. Keep quilting - quilt at least another 20 tops on my HQ Avante. 
4 Keep stitching - continue my momentum from the past month and get some serious cross-stitching done this year. I'd like to work on the kits, but also make some ornaments. 5. Continue to learn crocheting - I have enjoyed this new craft and want to keep learning and trying new things. I hope to finish several projects this year. 

Personal goals: 
I am keeping this simple this year and giving myself one goal/challenge. Each week, I will clean up one small space. I am really good at stuffing things into nooks and crannies, so my goal is to work through corners, junk drawers, bags, boxes, etc. I figure if I work on just one small space at a time, then it isn't too daunting. I have already completed this for the first two weeks of the year - first with the bottom of the pantry, and then with a trunk of kids clothes - and feel I have a good start. A lot of this won't be noticed by others, but I hope it will help me feel a little less cluttered.  

I will keep you updated throughout the year on the sidebar of my blog.  If you want to join me in the year of the kits, I will be posting pictures on instagram with #yearofthekits.  

So, do you have any goals this year?  Let me know what they are and if I get enough comments, I will do a little giveaway to get me started on crafting goal #2! 

Comments

Tricia T said…
Ooo - love your pile of kits. I can't wait to watch your progress!!

Tricia