Yikes - I am into yarn!

For the past year or so, I have had an interest in adding fiber arts to my craft repertoire. I already stitch and quilt, but wanted to learn how to knit or crochet.  I decided since my mom already knits and has made me lots of cool stuff that way that I would dip my toe into crochet.  I tried to learn from a few books earlier in the year, but couldn't quite figure it out, so when Craftsy had one of their great sales, I took advantage of it and purchased Crochet Lab with Vickie Howell.  It sat for a while, but I knew I would have some downtime on the airplane for a trip in late September, so I stole some yarn remnants and hooks from my mom and brought them along.  Thanks to the download option on Craftsy, I was able to learn while on the flight, and I got my swatches of single and double crochet done pretty easily. 

I have dabbled a little more with projects, making a small case and a scarf that isn't quite long enough for anyone (with leftover yarn). I am currently working on a washcloth that should be finished soon.  

So, last week, my mom, Jenna, and I had a nice girls day and went out to lunch and did a little shopping, stopping first at The French Seam for their holiday open house (come back tomorrow to see what I bought there), and then to Broad Ripple Knits so that I could show my mom where it was.  We were both doing a good job of looking with our eyes and not our credit cards until she pointed out the 50% off bins on the stairs. I should have taken a picture - there must have been 5 or 6 huge tubs of yarn all on sale for great prices.  Now, I don't know much about buying yarn yet, but I do know that 50% off is a good deal, so I had a little fun! 

I have since joined Ravelry (jenquilter), entered my stash, and started looking for some projects to make with the yarn I bought.  Given the relatively small quantities, I think there will be several hats and scarves in my future!  I hope to share some finished projects soon! 

Comments