Quilt #19 - Three Wonky Trees

Back when Shiisa Quilts was a brick and mortar shop in Bloomington, IN, I picked up a little fat quarter bundle that came with a pattern to make a small wall hanging.  I don't remember when I made it, but it has been a while, so it was time to get this one quilted. 

I have known for quite a while that I wanted to do some custom quilting on this one, but didn't know quite what I wanted to do until a few weeks ago, and after the last few that I have done, I was ready to get going. I put my microhandles on the machine so that it was easier to do the detail work and I pulled up my barstool to settle in for some tiny stippling. 
I used a rayon thread on this one and I was a little unsure of how that would work out, since the only other time I used rayon it shredded like crazy - so much that I decided not to use it within the first 5 minutes.  This time, it worked like a dream. I used a gold in the trees and border, and a blue in the background and I am really pleased with how it turned out. 
My only regret is that I didn't pick up any binding fabric when I got this...so I will have to dig a little to find something that complements it. Once bound, this one goes into my Christmas gift pile! 

Comments

Unknown said…
Love it! Quilting is perfect for it.
Beth said…
Love this!