Last year, at my Shipshewana retreat, I participated in the challenge to make the quilt called Crossroads from Blue Underground. We all pick our own fabric but make the same pattern...at least that's the plan. I managed to cut my fabric incorrectly, so I went with plan B, which is how my quilt got it's name. I wound up setting the blocks with a small square in the middle and I really like how it turned out. I finished the top a retreat last year, but it sat waiting to get quilted this year.
I knew I wanted to take it back for show and tell, so I got it loaded on the frame in early September, and it lingered there for quite a while, not getting finished for a couple weeks. I got it trimmed up and cut the fabric for the binding, which I made and attached at my retreat this year. During some late night gabbing at retreat and one bee meeting in October, I have gotten about half of the binding sewn down. I will get back to it this month and it will be tossed over my couch throughout the fall.
I quilted this one with the Autumn Leaves pantograph, one of my favorites! It worked up well with Sulky polylite thread on the top and So Fine in the bobbin. The batting is Warm and Natural, and I used some fall leaves fabric with fat quarters on each side to make up the backing.
This was an enjoyable one to quilt and I am looking forward to snuggling under it this fall (and for many to come)!