Stash Report - Week 34, 2014

After bringing home a bunch of fabric last weekend, I got going Monday morning to see if I could use some fabric. I started by looking for some fabric for the back of the quilt I made at my retreat last fall.  This is the quilt I want to finish so that I can take it back this year for show and tell. 
Quilt back
I also passed by some cute fabric in my stash that I decided would be good for a baby boy blanket. I got the semi-four patch made with flannel on Monday and then sent it off to my mom so she could embroider the baby's name on it before I put it together with a piece of cotton and burp it to make a blanket. 

I also pulled some other fabric to work on finishing a cross-stitch.  This is a new way of finishing a project that I haven't tried before, so I am anxious to see how it works. I will share pictures when I've gotten that together. 

I am only counting the Crossroads back and the baby quilt flannel this week because those are the only fabrics that I actually cut. I have a busy week this week, so am not sure I will get in much sewing, but at least I have a few things lined up when I have time! 

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 4 7/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 36 5/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 46 1/2 yards

Net fabric used: 9 7/8 yards

I took a look at the same week last year to see how my numbers are, and found that I have bought more (almost x3) and used more (just a couple yards) than the same time last year.  I guess I am still being productive, but don't have quite the nice net total that I had at this time last year! 

Hope you had a great week with your stash! 

Comments

DeeDee said…
I like the back you made, great way to use up smaller pieces of fabric.

Enjoy your retreat.
Angie in SoCal said…
Good numbers, Jennifer!
Kate said…
At least you are in the net used range, even if more came in this year.