Quilts #12 & 13 - For my mom

My mom and I have a good trade going - she helps out a ton with our kids, house, and pets and in exchange I quilt her quilts for her (except the one she wants really fancy quilting on - and she pays for those!).  

She has been doing a great job this year of pulling out kits that she bought years ago and making them up, so she gave me a couple quilts in July to finish for her.  They were both pretty small and easy ones to quilt up and I enjoyed doing them. 
Quilt #12 is a wall hanging for Valentine's Day. I quilted it in a simple loops design, choosing not to go over the big hearts. I used Robison-Anton variegated cotton thread in the top and So Fine in the bobbin.  They were a great combination - I wish I could find more Robison-Anton cotton thread in my area because I really like how it works in my HQ. 


Quilt #13 is a lap/baby quilt that my mom made from a design that she made on EQ.  She has been working hard to learn how to use EQ this year and this quilt shows that off!  I used King Tut in the top and So Fine in the bobbin for this one.  I actually ran out of King Tut with just under a row to go, so I switched to a Permacore, which also worked very well. Unless someone looks really, really closely, they won't be able to tell that it has two different threads in it.  For this quilt, I did a large swirl all over the top, which seems to be my go-to pattern these days. The quilt back was a solid pale pink, so it shows off the quilting really well! 


Next up will be one of mine! I pulled fabric for the back earlier this week and plan to work on it this weekend. I want to get that one quilted and bound before our retreat to Shipshewana in October. 

Comments

Moneik said…
I have some R/A I would send along. I just don't use it as my machine doesn't care for it. Email me your address.