We'd had a chat at bee about how to quilt this one so as not to ignore the pattern, and I found up quilting it very lightly with figure 8's through the outer border and chains. I stitched in the ditch for the inner border, and did back and forth loops for the middle border. Even with the custom quilting, this one didn't take long at all. I think it was on and off the frame in an hour. I was even able to use a batting scrap for it.
The top thread for this one was Rainbows and I paired it with So Fine. They worked very well together. I was using a spool of thread instead of a cone, so used my horizontal spool pin and that seemed to do the trick. I tried Rainbows one other time and had no luck with it, so am really glad that it worked well this time. The finished quilt (with binding applied on the way to a graduation party) is about 12x18-20" - it has a larger cousin that I hope to get on the frame before too long.