Yahoo! I finished all four things that I set out to do in the month of May!
Here's my list:
1. Finish purse - done and picture coming later this week - I've been using it for a couple weeks now.
2. Finish Batman/commission quilt - done! I made the back, got it quilted, bound, and all tied - done on Saturday night. Now I just need a little help on the label. I made the quilt for a former childcare teacher to give to a friend. Do I include just my name and date, or also include the name of the person who requested I make it? I will share this in a post soon.
3. Quilt a UFO - I didn't think this would get done - I set out at the start of the year to do 1 UFO a month to help reduce the backlog of tops I have hanging around. I have only finished one top that was a UFO before this month. On a weekend I was feeling particularly productive, I pulled out one of Lois' UFOs and got it quilted. It is a mini quilt, but it is still done! Binding is added and being stitched down by hand and I will share a picture when it is complete.
4. Finish my pinwheel top - done! I actually got this done at workday at the start of the month. This sunny top makes me smile and I have decided who is going to be the recipient, so now have some motivation to get it quilted. You finally get a picture with this one!
I even got more done in May, but I will save that for my wrap-up post for the month.
This week and this month are pretty busy and I don't have any really pressing projects, but I still want to keep things moving along, so here are my goals for the month of June:
1. Quilt Barbara's modern top
2. Make teacher gift(s) (I know I will make one...not sure about the second)
3. Make back for and quilt pinwheels.
4. Quilt a UFO.
That's a lot of quilting for one month - let's hope motivation is on my side!