Stash Report - Weeks 19-20 2014

I haven't been doing a lot of piecing over the last two weeks, but I did get going on some quilting - most of it yesterday.  I finished up the Batman top and started quilting it on Mother's Day.  After three thread breaks across the first pass, I walked away for a while. I returned yesterday and got it finished with no more thread breaks (yay!).  I pulled it off the frame, trimmed it, and got the binding cut, which is the only stash usage for the last two weeks. 
After I got the Batman quilt done so quickly, I decided to keep going on my quilting and got a second top pressed, back trimmed (it was already pieced), and loaded onto the frame. It is a mini quilt, so I knew it wouldn't take me too long, and I also got it finished, off the frame, and trimmed up yesterday.  The binding was already made for this one so I just need to attach it.  
It feels really good to get a couple quilts done (I really consider them done once they are quilted because I almost never get stopped when it is at binding stage). I am planning to work on a couple smaller projects this week, so should have a couple fat quarters to count as used by next week. 

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 3/8 yard

Fabric added year to date: 13 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 22 3/8 yards

Net fabric used: 8 1/2 yards

Hope you got some projects moved along this week, whether or not you were busting stash while you did it! 

Comments

Charlene S said…
Beautiful finishes!
Regina said…
Love the Batman!
Kate said…
The Batman quilt is very, very cool!