Quilt #5 - Kathy's Crossroads

At last fall's Shipshewana retreat, four of us set out to make the same quilt top, Crossroads by Blue Underground. Kathy's is made with bright batiks, and I offered to quilt it for her. 

I loaded the quilt near the end of March and got it quilted in the same weekend, finishing it up just before I turned the calendar to April. It quilted up very well - with just a few challenges in maintaining tension at the end of one bobbin. 

I used a new King Tut green variegated thread on the top and a light green Bottom Line in the bobbin, which blended perfectly into the blue/green batik back. For the quilting, I used one of my two new pantos, Tickle. It has some mussel shells, feathers, and swirls. It went pretty well, but I did have some bobbles and wound up cleaning my machine wheels in the midst of the quilting to make it roll a little more smoothly. I will look forward to practicing with this panto a little more. 
Tickle panto closeup
I was glad to have this one on and off the frame in the same weekend and hope to have a couple more of those in the coming weeks. 

Comments

Regina said…
Lovely colors on this -and I like the panto!
Karen said…
Looks fabulous. Great job both of you. I'm still choosing a backing for mine.