Stash Report - Week 10 2014

The last week was a bit of a whirlwind.  I was scheduled to attend a retreat Sunday through Wednesday, and then the reports of 6-10" on snow arrived, so we decided it would be best to postpone the retreat. I was really bummed and didn't touch me sewing room for three days, and then the snow that was predicted didn't really arrive. We wound up with a total of just over an inch overnight, so Sunday morning arrived and we changed course and decided to go on the retreat anyway. That meant a flurry of activity to pack clothes, food, and projects. I wound up not getting anything pre-cut for retreat, but that made for good numbers while I was on retreat at Threads of Time. 

I worked on several projects while there and I will show pictures of them soon.  Overall, I cut or used fabric for two table runners,  set of 20 quilt blocks, and a purse. 

We were lucky enough to be at the shop for Fat Tuesday, which was celebrated as Fat Quarter Tuesday with $1.99 fat quarters!  I wandered through the shop in the morning and found 7 to add to my stash. When I checked out, I found that I had spent enough over the retreat (due to a machine cleaning) to earn 2 more fat quarters for free, so I came home with 9 new pieces. They will get filed into the fat quarter bins soon, but I sure am enjoying looking at them for now. 
Also in the picture are the two new pantos and spool of thread that had arrived in the mail while I was at retreat. 

Here's the resulting stash report: 
Fabric added this week: 2 1/4 yards
Fabric used this week: 5 1/2 yards

Fabric added year to date: 7 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 10 3/4 yards

Net fabric used: 3 3/8 yards

I am a bit behind - both for total used year to date, and for net fabric used.  This is the most fabric I've added and the least used by week 10 since I started tracking in 2010. Guess I better go get sewing! 

Comments