Stash Report - Weeks 4-5 2014


I have done a little bit of sewing over the last few weeks, mostly trying to make some progress on my two UFOs and my one WIP. I am happy to report that they are all getting closer to finished, although none of them are yet. 

I did spend a little time last weekend to tame the scraps that I throw into scrap bags. I had three that were stuffed to overflowing, so I made a couple new bags and sewed up some of the existing ones. I now have a stack of 5 or 6 pet beds that are ready to be dropped off at the Humane Society.  I stuff them with the small pieces of fabric and batting that are too small or oddly shaped to use in even my scrap baskets. It adds up over time! I have heard that not all places take them, so I suggest a quick call to your local shelter, kennel, or vet to see if they can use them.  When I drop them off, I always let the person taking them know that they can be washed in hot water.  

The day after I made the pet beds, I went on a little shopping trip with my mom to celebrate "visit your quilt shop" day. We had a little fun at The French Seam and I picked up a couple patterns and some fabric to make (what else) a new purse! I had also made a stop at a store the prior day to pick up a couple zippers to make some makeup bags. 
"Visit your quilt shop" purchases
The result on the stash isn't so good, but at least I am still in the black!  I will be starting to cut for my March retreat over the next few weeks, so should be able to count some as used soon - let's hope that's before I visit another quilt shop!

Fabric added last two weeks: 2 1/2 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 5/8 yard

Fabric added year to date: 5 1/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 5 1/4 yards

Net fabric used: 1/8 yard

Hope you had a great week with your stash! 

Comments

Bonnie said…
Love that name tag! 1/8th of yard used is better than an 1/8th of a yard brought in! Congratualtions