Design Wall Monday - President's Day 2014

After doing almost no sewing over the weekend, I got to it this morning since I had the day off and had to make myself scarce while the cleaning ladies took care of making the house look beautiful. Rather than quilting, which is what I've been doing the most of lately, I decided to pull out my log cabin blocks so that I could finish them up.  I got all the piecing, pressing, and trimming done, and they are now up on my design wall...and trailing onto the floor.  
Blocks on the wall...and the floor
It is a fun mix of blocks and I am really looking forward to getting them into a top! I did the math when I was working on them and figure that I started this project in 2006.  I think that it will be much better for having rested a few years, as I now have more variety of fabrics.  

Hope you had (or will have) a chance to do some sewing on this President's Day.

Comments

Moneik said…
They look great! I'm hopeful to get some sewing time in yet tonight. It was so nice we walked during breaks and I did my paper at lunch.
Colleen said…
What a fun-looking quilt! The colors really pop with the black and I love the mix of horizontal/vertical lines mixed with diagonals.
Kate said…
Love all the brights. It's going to be a stunning quilt when it's all done!
I love these bright colors against the black. I recently bought some black yardage to do something similar. Seeing yours is making me feel itchy to start it. :)
Way to go! I love the black and brights together.
Regina said…
you lost me at cleaning ladies -but brought me back in with those great blocks!