Stash Report - End 2013 and Week 1 2014

I like to follow the calendar year for my stash report, so before I get to my week 1 report, let's finish out 2013.  

On New Year's Eve, I made my final project (and Christmas gift) of the year, a steering wheel cover.  It just used a quarter yard of fabric and I love how it turned out! This was the one hour project I mentioned last week. When I went back to the bookmark, I found that it was actually marketed as a 30-minute project. I did not have all my stuff laid out and precut, and it took me an hour.  If I was making them assembly line, and/or had everything cut and ready, then I think that it could be a 30 minute project. I already have the materials cut out and ready for a second one, but I am out of elastic, so will need to replenish that before I can finish #2. 
Steering Wheel Cover
That made my final numbers improve just a smidge: 
Fabric used in last three days of 2013: 1/4 yards
Fabric added in last three days of 2013: 0 yards

Fabric added all 2013: 27 yards
Fabric used all 2013: 78 7/8 yards

Net fabric used: 51 7/8 yards

And since I started tracking (all of these are net usage): 
2010:  92 7/8 yards
2011:  77 3/4 yards
2012:  61 3/8 yards
2013:  51 7/8 yards
Total usage since I started tracking: 283 7/8 yards -- not bad! The bad part is that you can hardly tell the difference in my stash....that comes from the inheritance that I received in 2010 which I am guessing is somewhere upwards of 1000 yards of fabric...hopefully I will see a difference in my lifetime!  

For the start of 2014, I used a little fabric on new year's day when I threw a panel onto the frame and quilted it. The usage is for top, back, and binding. I also did a little shopping at Green Fairy Quilts - she had a great sale and there were a few lines that I've liked for a while but haven't purchased yet, so I let them jump into my cart. 
This puts me barely into the hole but I plan to get out of it pretty soon. 
Fabric added this week: 2 5/8 yards
Fabric used this week: 2 1/8 yards

Net fabric used: -1/2 yard

Hope you got some sewing in over the New Year's holiday.  I am planning more today and tomorrow as we sit at home watching the snow come down and waiting for the super cold temps expected to arrive tonight. Hope you're either enjoying some warmth or are hunkered down and ready for the cold. 

Comments

Great job on your usage for last year! (I'm catching up on blog posts as long as I can leave comments while at work. ;) ha!!)