Stash Report - Weeks 25-27 2013

It has been a few weeks since I've done a stash report...hard to report much when you haven't been sewing.  I didn't have any activity for the first two weeks of this three week reporting period, but the last week finally found me fondling fabric :) 

I started with cutting for a baby quilt - a little boy born about a week ago. I hope to get it finished this month so that I can deliver it to his aunt in early August, and then she can pass it on to him. 

 Then, mom and I took a little trip on Friday to Threads of Time, and I brought a magazine with me. If you've been reading for a while, you know that I have had the desire to make myself a new purse since about February. I even picked a pattern and pulled fabrics for one, but it just didn't get me going.  I was browsing through an old magazine about a month ago and found a really cute (and easy!) pattern so that's the one I am going to make. I found some great summery prints - they were fresh out of the box! And I also found some nice teals/greens to make another one. I even talked my mom into buying fabric to make one too! We are hoping to get some sewing time in this afternoon to get started on them - and the pattern isn't too hard, so maybe we will get them done in an afternoon.  
Purse fabrics
Last up on the stash report was a little fabric to make some pet beds. I have three overflowing bags of scraps around my sewing table and it is time to put them into beds for the local pet shelter. I cut three more out of this lovely fabric - it is heavier weight than cotton - maybe decorators fabric. Regardless of what it is, I will be glad to see it leave the sewing room and go to good use! 
Perfect fabric for pet beds (aka fabric that was never going to make it into a quilt of mine!)
Here's the official report: 
Fabric added last three weeks: 3 1/8 yards
Fabric used last three weeks: 2 7/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 14 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 34 1/8 yards

Net fabric used: 19 1/4 yards

I sure would like to make some progress this month and be up to 25 yards by the end of the month....I better get going if I want to do that! 

Comments

kwiltnkats said…
Hi Jennifer, did you get your purse made? I like the fabrics you selected as well as your Mom's choice. My Mom (sewwhatelse.blogspot.com) is a bag maker through and through. She makes somewhere around 40 of them every year and sells them. She works pretty hard to accumulate enough for a Fall Craft Show that she has a booth at every year. I'm sure your pet bed will see good use by some critter looking for a comfy place to curl up in. Sandi