Here's the list of things I wanted to get done in May:
1. Make a new purse - didn't even touch it. I have some fabric chosen, and had a pattern picked out, but am wavering on both.
2. Quilt one of my UFOs - either a mini or a big top - Got this finished yesterday. I did spend a fair amount of the month with a quilt on the frame for my mom, and as the end of the month neared, I knew I wanted to get at least this goal finished! I quilted this with big stippling and used King Tut thread on the top and a thread from Lois' stash in the bobbin - I think it's star thread, but not positive. They worked well together and it quilted up quickly. Now I need to audition bindings - I am leaning toward a purple or a green because those colors are in most of the scraps.
3. Make the giveaway for my 500th post - I picked out fabrics (I already knew which pattern I was making) and I got them pressed and started cutting. Hoping to make more progress on these this weekend.
4. Get back to work on my paper pieced sunrise over the mountain top - didn't even touch it. At the least, I could have printed the foundation papers...but oh, well. It will still be waiting for me when I am ready to start working on it again.
|The UFO I quilted - a donation quilt for the ALS Hopes and Dreams challenge. |
(Bonnie Hunter's Bricks and Stepping Stones pattern)
So, for June I have another list and will see how far I get on this one. I have a work trip and will be gone for a week, but still hope to make a little progress.
1. Make a new purse (I am planning to keep this on until I do it!)
2. Quilt 1 or maybe 2 tops for my mom.
3. Quilt one of my mini quilts that is on my design wall - either Rolling Stones or the Christmas mini
4. Finish and mail the giveaway prizes.
Hope you got more done than I did! At least I had a good month for my cooking challenge - pictures and report on that coming soon!