Stash Report - Week 17 2013

I've really done a good job this month of moving things forward. The latest in the series is another comfort quilt. One of my friends from work has been diagnosed with a second round of breast cancer and is going into her treatments this week. I had some orphan blocks from a quilting friend that we actually thought that we might use on the first comfort quilt, but they didn't fit at all.  Once we learned of the second person who would need some comfort, I decided to make a top out of these too. 




I loaded and quilted it with a great big stipple this week - Superior Brytes on the top and Robison-Anton cotton in the bobbin (they worked great together) - and will get the binding on today so that I can take it in to work on Monday with some fabric pens so that everyone in the department can sign their well wishes to her.  I hope that it can be delivered by the end of the week. 


The borders and backing were added to the quilt this week, so I had some good usage. 


Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 3 1/4 yards


Fabric added year to date: 9 3/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 25 1/4 yards


Net fabric used: 15 1/2 


Slowly but surely using what I have :) Hope you had a great week with your stash! 

Comments

kwiltnkats said…
Nice pretty purple quilt. I'm sure the recipient will cherish it. Doing well to keep on the "used" side of your stash. Sandi
Karen said…
Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I love that we are keeping ahead of our stashes this year.
Regina said…
Very nice!!!
Dar said…
Lovely colors in your comfort quilt. she will love it. Your stash numbers are looking good too.
Great job on the quilting! You are very experimental with your threads in your machine. I hope I can get there, but I am really gun shy after the issues I had with the Mega Quilter. :)