Stash Report - Week 5 2013

I haven't posted a stash report for the last few weeks because I haven't been adding or cutting into any fabric. This week, I did a little of both :) 

I used a few small pieces for small projects. First up is a tree block for my bee mate Caryl. This will be my last bee block for a while as I am returning to work full time this week (I have been working 4 days/week). It is a paper pieced block and it was fun to make. 
The second project was an angel gown. I have a colleague at work whose wife lost a baby midway through her pregnancy, so I sent the gown off to them this week. I have had several friends who have had late pregnancy losses, so was glad to be able to contribute something that could provide a little comfort. I think I can get 2 angel gowns from each fat quarter so plan to make a few more to donate to the program through our guild for local hospitals. 


I also did a little shopping yesterday to take advantage of the super bolt/football widow sales. I got to Quilts Plus mid-afternoon and found that they were out of almost all of their precuts, but luckily they had one jelly roll remaining of the new Noteworthy fabric from Sweetwater. I picked that up and a yard of coordinating fabric, plus a This and That pattern for a bag, because I can't seem to pass up bag patterns and I haven't bought one for a while!


The end result for the week is: 
Fabric added this week: 3 1/2 yards
Fabric used this week: 1/4 yard

Fabric added year to date: 3 1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 3 yards
Net fabric added: 1/2 yard

I hope to get to some cutting this week so I can be back in the black by next week's stash report! 

Comments

I'm so sorry for the need for angel gowns. And bummer about going back to work full time. Ugh! Love that fabric!