Karen did a little year-on-year accounting on her blog and I thought it was a great idea. I started stashbusting in 2010, just after I inherited more fabric than I knew what to do with! (you can read the story through these posts - start at the oldest one).
Added Used Net stash reduction Cumulative stash reduction
2010 44 5/8 137 1/2 92 7/8 92 7/8
2011 48 5/8 126 3/8 77 3/4 170 5/8
2012 46 3/4 108 1/8 61 3/8 232
I can't believe how close my incoming numbers are. But really, I can't believe I've used over 230 yards of fabric in the last three years (mostly because it doesn't show)! I still have a long, long way to go! Below is my last finish of 2012 - I spent a little time just before the year wrapped up to hand sew this little witch's neck closed and sew on the buttons, nose, bow, and hair. Not sure when or where she will be displayed yet, but glad to have her complete!
So, now on to the business of 2013. I started the year off with a little bump in the right direction. I had a surprise birthday party to attend on New Year's Day and I made the birthday girl a tote bag. I was thrilled when she opened it and declared the bag her favorite colors (whew!). It is reversible (opposite fabric placement inside) and is the same pattern I made for two of this year's teacher gifts, so it was fresh in my mind.
|Sorry it won't rotate correctly, please turn head to view!|
Fabric added this week - 0 yards
Fabric used this week - 1 1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date - 0 yards
Fabric used year to date - 1 1/2 yards
Net fabric used 1 1/2 yards
Hope your start to 2013 was just as productive!