I decided several years ago that I don't make New Year's resolutions - I make goals for the new year. I know it is just a slight difference in words, but it works out better for me and gives me something concrete to work towards. I also try not to fall into the normal weight/money/time trap because I know my habits are pretty ingrained and it would take a lot to change them...not sure I am up for that! Anywho....here's the list of both quilting and personal goals for the year:
1. Quilt at least 20 items on my HQ Avante
2. Finish at least 5 of my current UFOs, plus the two quilts (Easy Street and Rolling Stones) that are in progress now.
3. Continue with the things I have done for the last few years - stashbusting, tracking time sewing, and making a donation/charity quilt with leader/enders.
4. Make 3 projects (can be quilts, purses, or other items) from existing patterns or books.
5. Start on 2 kits.
6. Balance time between piecing, quilting, and stitching.
1. Read all the books that are in my room right now (there are a lot and I keep checking out library books instead of reading the ones I have bought or borrowed)
2. Make it the year of using my cookbooks - choose a cookbook each month and make at least one recipe from it (bonus points for making multiple recipes). If I can't find one recipe to make in a month's time, get rid of the book!
3. Go through keepsakes on the bottom shelf of my stitching storage area and get rid of those things I no longer need so that I have some room to move other items there and clear the floor under my sewing area.
4. Redecorate my dining room (with assistance).
So, that's it for the year - I will update my goals in the sidebar and will give you a progress update about mid-way through the year!