Here's how I did on the goals that I set out for myself early this year:
1. Keep my running list of UFOs at 15 or less, but allow lots of time to start new projects.
- I give myself a B- on this one. At the end of the year, I did have 15 on my list, but I went over that a few times and created some new UFOs too.
2. Make a charity quilt with Lois' scraps
- I am well underway but did not complete the quilt this year. I have all the blocks made and am piecing them as leader/enders as I work on other projects. I should get the top done within the next month. I did work with my bee to make three tops for donation at our March retreat, and they have all been finished and two given away, so at least I have contributed to charity projects!
3. Continue stashbusting & pattern tracking.
- I did well on the stashbusting, but wavered on the pattern tracking. I am pretty sure that I used more existing patterns than I purchased this year, which is my goal.
4. Make progress on Steve & Michelle's quilt by doing a block each month.
- I get a D- on this one. I started well and had blocks made each month for the first several months, then fell behind and had to make 2 a month to catch up, then stopped altogether.
5. Quilt about 20 quilts on the Avante
- I fell one short! I quilted 19 projects, a few of which were table runners. I planned most of December to get something on the frame, but didn't.
6. Move my sewing room to the basement
- Completed in May! I really like my new space and Jenna loves her new pink room!
7. Finish 4 new projects (at least to finished top) in my bee's PIG Challenge.
- I did finish 4 tops and got one of the four totally completed.
All in all, I think I did fairly well with my goals for the year. I achieved a few, got close for a few, and missed a few. I am really happy with several of the projects that I did get finished and have enjoyed using them or gifting them this year. I will be back later in the week or this weekend with my 2013 goals!