It took me a little longer to get to Easy Street part 3 because I was behind on Part 2, plus trying to get several presents done for the holidays. All of that is complete now and I hope to be able to start on part 4 tomorrow (grand plans...).
I did get all the pieces for Part 3 cut before part 4 came out, but didn't get a chance to start sewing on them until the weekend. When I sat down to start, I realized that I had cut all my blue pieces too small! I thought they looked awfully small when I was cutting them....and lo and behold, they were awfully small. I recut pieces to the right size, then started to sew. I am usually not the type who does a test block to make sure it works out, but I decided to for this one and boy am I glad I did! My first few were 1/4" too small, wonky, and generally unusable. I tried the Billie Lauder method, then the method that Bonnie suggested if you don't have an Easy Angle, and then finally went up to my mom's to borrow her equivalent of the Easy Angle ruler. Once I got that ruler, I re-cut several of my pieces, and got a block to work. Phew! I did a few more test blocks to make sure everything was okay and then set to piecing.
I got them all done earlier this week. Now, on to part 4!