Stash Report - Weeks 43 & 44 2012

I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing since returning from the retreat a few weeks ago, but I did manage to work on a couple things this week and use a little stash in the process. I finished quilting the top that's been on my frame for a few weeks and trimmed it and prepped the binding. I am planning to bind it by machine tomorrow at my bee workday. I also finished up the Rolling Stones mini-quilt, but had already counted the very small amount of yardage for that. On Friday night, I started the project which is usually my most productive each year - I started cutting kits to make fabric bags which our bee donates to a local women's shelter each December. So far, I have about half of them cut and will finish the other half tonight so we can work on them tomorrow  Here's a picture of the cut pieces hanging over the longarm poles. 

Fabric added last two weeks: 0 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 5 1/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 35 1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 85 1/4 yards
Net fabric used: 49 3/4 yards

With the remaining bags and the back for Jack's quilt, I will hit 50 yards by next week for sure! Hope you had a great week with your stash! 

Comments

Great job on usage! I am thinking that I should be able to hit to 50 this year, too. Woo hoo!
Dar said…
Congrats for hitting your goal. The fabric for the bags looks real pretty. What size are these bags?