One of the things that Lois left me was a whole pile of precut fabrics - actually more than a pile - it was separated by size into about 6 plastic tubs. I think she did a lot of the cutting after Bonnie Hunter's visit to our guild a few years ago. Almost all of her precuts were floral fabrics, which I don't use in great supply. I have been sharing with the bee and I think that two or three quilts have been made with them already, and there will probably be a few more to come. Today I am going to tell you about the two that have been in the works under my roof.
The first was a surprise UFO of Lois' - it was found in a tub of the precuts and I had no idea it was there! Along with it was a magazine with the pattern and the solid green fabric that had been used in the top. The pattern called for another big border, but I decided to finish it off as it was to make a nice lap sized quilt. My mom made the back for it (from more of Lois' florals) and I quilted and bound it. It will be ready to go to her family this holiday season. We've sure slowed down on finishing the UFOs, but I look forward to seeing her sister and passing over the few that have gotten done this year.
The second is my leader/ender project for the year, also an idea from Bonnie Hunter. I saw a Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt on another blog a while back and decided it would be the perfect project for a leader/ender quilt and the bricks were already cut the perfect size! I have most of the blocks done and tossed it up on my design wall the other night. I will start sewing it together also as a leader/ender project and it should finish about twin size. It will get finished and I will hold on to it as a donation quilt next time there is someone in need.
With the fabric I've shared with others and the ones I've finished, we're at the bottom of the tub of bricks! Now to move on to the strips...