Today's Project

I had the day off work today and spent it the best way possible - at a workshop! 

Deb Karasik was our speaker for the month at our guild, and she taught a beginner paper piecing class today. Now, I've done my share of paper piecing, but my schedule didn't allow for my to attend the class tomorrow, which is the advanced class, and I really wanted to attend one of her classes! 

It turned out to be a great day where I got to: 
- refresh and renew my love for paper piecing
- use a bunch of luscious batiks
- learn about successfully setting in curves
- see a fantastic binding demo 
- add some new tools to my stash (but no new fabric)
- get a signature in one of my books
and....put together a good portion of a quilt top! 

I still have to add borders. #1 is an easy, solid border. #2 is totally paper pieced, so this puppy is going to join me at retreat next week so that I can keep moving on it. The pattern is from her book "Quilts with Attitude," which I bought years ago! I have grand plans to make the other two sun/moon quilts in the book so that I can have a set of three...anyone want to make any wagers on timing? Not sure how soon it will be, but I am going to work it into my master list! 

I can't say enough how much I enjoy workshops. No matter what the class, I always walk away with at least one good new tip. I also enjoy the camaraderie of sewing with a crowd! 

Comments

Gari in AL said…
Beautiful, beautiful block.