2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tiny Tuesday

This week I am linking up with Jill for Tiny Tuesday! After I finished my other retreat projects, I started on my project for this quarter's PIG challenge with my bee. I am making a mini quilt from a 2008 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. I pulled the fabric at least two years ago and it sat on the shelf just waiting to be started. 

I pre-cut only part of it, so spent the first 30-45 minutes cutting the remaining pieces out, then started making little bitty square in a square units (not paper pieced!), then put them together to make blocks. Each block is approx. 6" square. 

Next up is to make a couple dozen tiny flying geese blocks. I will use my new Fit to be Geese ruler to square them up and hope I have good luck with it! I am hoping to have the top done late this month or early November so I have plenty of time to finish it before the holidays. 

Do you have tiny blocks you're working on too? Visit Jill on Tuesdays to see hers and link up yours. 

1 comment:

jillquilts said...

Great tiny blocks!! Can't wait to see how the flying geese turn out. :)