Stash Report Week 34 2012

Wow, what a great week for my sewing! I started the week with my birthday and had a day to myself to do whatever I wanted. After piddling around the house for a while and getting the kids off to school, I headed down to do some quilting. It took a large part of the day with several breaks, but I got my Cherish Nature panel quilted. It has been on the frame since sometime in July and was giving me the stink eye every time I walked by, so I am glad to have it done! I will post pictures when I have it bound. 

Once I got that done, then I was raring to go with another one, so I loaded another top and got it quilted by Friday night. It is a small charity top. Yesterday, my mom and I spent about 1/2 the day together sewing and I made some good progress on my french braid quilt. I hope to have the first set of rows done tonight so that I can show it on design wall Monday. 

The kids had a full day yesterday and crashed before 8, so I had another free evening to work on a project. I loaded and quilted the two Halloween table runners that I made at my bee retreat earlier this year. It doesn't happen very often that I can load two projects and quilt them at the same time, but it sure is nice. It is also nice to use up batting scraps for table runners. I decided to quilt these with two different threads so they'd have a little bit different look and I liked how both turned out. 

So, now I have a mountain of binding to attach and then sew down, but it all comes at a good time because I like to bind while watching new tv shows. 

All that progress did a little good for my stash report - I can count the two backs and one binding. 

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 2 7/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 29 yards
Fabric used year to date: 66 3/4 yards

Net fabric used: 37 yards

Hope you had a great week with your stash!

Comments

You got a lot done! Way to go! I can't wait to see the quilting you did on the panel. Woo hoo for finally tackling that one. :)