2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stash Report - Week 32 2012

Over the past several months, I have said several times that I have backs to make to improve my stash usage, and this week was finally the time! I took tops and backing fabric to my bee work day on Monday and I got two backs done, and then had some time to start cutting out a new quilt. I am not going to count that fabric as used until I finish cutting the quilt - it is from a jelly roll, so is easier just to count when done. I am hoping to get back to that this week. 

Here are the backs: 
Charity quilt peeking out under the back
Back for a Service quilt for a friend who served in Afghanistan
Closeup of the panel - thought it was a nice touch for a patriotic quilt
And here's the stash report
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 7 5/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 18 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 61 1/8 yards

Net fabric used: 41 1/2 yards

This week my focus is on a couple finishes. I will move my sewing station back down to the basement as the Olympics ends and hope to make some progress on things that are waiting for me down there. 

1 comment:

jillquilts said...

Nice usage for the week and the year! I love the patriotic panel for the backing. :)