Stash Report & Workday Projects

I guess I haven't done a stash report for a few weeks...but there really isn't that much to report. I have used 1/5 yards over the last three weeks, as most of my time has been spent on moving sewing room stuff to my new area rather than actually sewing. 


Here's the quick stash report, then we'll move on to some eye candy. 
Fabric used last three weeks: 1 yard
Fabric added last three weeks: 0 yards


Fabric used year to date: 26 1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 14 5/8 yards
Net fabric used: 11 1/8 yards


Now on to the fun stuff. Monday was my bee work day and I decided to focus on my 2nd quarter project for our bee challenge - a wonky tree quilt that will be a wall quilt during the Christmas holidays. I was happy to get all the blocks done during work day. When I finish adding borders to my current project, I will get back to putting this into a top. I am hoping it won't take too long to assemble and get bordered so that I can not only have the top done, but also get it quilted before the end of June. I am really looking forward to having another Christmas quilt to decorate with this year.
Also in progress at work day this week....


Mom worked on her 2nd quarter project - flannel applique to make a wall quilt. 
Barbara was paper piecing stars.
Julie made a pea...not really, it will become a large pincushion and will be embellished with all kinds of flowers. 
Pam paper pieced x blocks. 
Kathy showed off two finished quilt tops. 
There were a couple others there, but I didn't get pictures of their projects. Our day was a little shorter than usual, but Jack and I still had a great time and I got a whole set of blocks done! Have I ever mentioned how much I like my bee workday? 


Hope you had a great week and happy mothers day to all the moms, aunts, grandmas, etc. out there. Hope you are doing just what you want today. 

Comments

DeeDee said…
Your Christmas tree wall hanging is going to be adorable. Thanks for sharing all the projects that your fellow Bees are doing.
Dar said…
I like your wonky Christmas trees. That will be a really cute wall hanging for the holidays. I've done one of these blocks for one of my friends, but not a whole quilt. Your quilting bee is sure productive. Love looking at all the eye candy. Thanks for sharing.
I like those trees! And thanks for sharing pics of the other projects at your bee workdays. :)
Mary said…
Your "bee" is one busy group of ladies. All that inspiration!

I admire your ability to get Christmas in June completed. I have one I started last year in November but put away after Christmas. Maybe after the graduation rush...